Pythium, Botrytis Cinerea, Peronospora, Parasitica
• Improved product quality and yields
• Improved quality after long transport
• Reduced disease and bacterial infections
• No toxic by-products formed
A seedling producer is currently supplying seedlings of cabbage, tomato, cucumber and other vegetables to the market. However during production a number of problems have been experienced due to disease.
Problems due to anthracnose (pythium), gray mold (Botrytis cinerea), downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica) have had detrimental effects on seedlings produced. Additionally the manufacturer has been facing problems in delivering high quality seedlings to customers as seedlings are exposed to unfavourable conditions (no light, low temperatures, high humidity, mechanical damage) which may cause the emergence of pathogens after delivery despite the use of standard plant protection products like Previcur and Topsin.
The producer elected to apply Silver Bullet MIST to combat these issues. Silver Bullet MIST is applied every 7-10 days at a volume of 333ml/10L water during the germination and in the later stages a volume of 666ml/10L water solution is used. It can be concluded that the plants grew much better in the presence of Silver Bullet MIST and very good results were achieved in reducing anthracnose diseases and bacterial infections. It was also observed that Silver Bullet MIST treated plants were visually improved and retained higher quality after long transport times.
• Reduced plant disease and infection
• Improved seedling health and quality
• Improved product quality even after long transport times
• A reduction in conventional plant protection products
• Reduced wastage
• Simple application
RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
• Greater profits due to improved quality of seedlings
• Demanding customers satisfied
• Aquisition of new clients due to improved quality after long transport of product
BENEFITS TO ENVIRONMENT:
• No risk to end-user or the environment
• No residuals in end product
• Eco-friendly - decomposition products are water and oxygen